Monday 26 January 2009

Amsterdamage

Popped up to see Markus Aurielius Smith in Amsterdam over the weekend.

I have drawn various conclusions:

1, It is rediculously hard to wander absent mindedly across the street, due to rediculous amounts of unannounced cyclists.
2, Customer service is not high on the Dutch pirority scale.
3, Never go through a turning door should a woman with a bag made from old bits of carpet be approaching from the other side. The fact she owns such a monstrasity is indication enough that all will not go well.

Below are various bits and bobs I found pleasant.

Photobucket

Some nice pseudo Roman / Facist fontage.

Photobucket

Amazing oliphent (my one word of Dutch) railing / balistrade.

Photobucket

More animals as street furniture. A key decorating theme for 2009 in my view.

Photobucket

Brilliant stripey building (a personal favourite architecture wise).

Photobucket

Proof, should it be needed, that the Dutch should be expelled from the EU for crimes against humanity for forcing kiddies onto bikes below the age of 18. The worst of hate crimes to my mind.

Photobucket

Mark droping me off / making sure he has got rid off me at the station after the best weekend.

'I said juice, not Jews'.

No comments: